Being interactive outdoors and in nature has huge benefits on both our physical and mental wellbeing.
Designed to be both a pony trek area and a wild(ish) place for energetic youngsters and stressed adults wanting to connect with the outdoors, our Gallivanters Grove is a bit of a forest school, as well as a bush-craft and do-your-own-thing area.
Plus it's a place to complete Pony Club country, animal, camping, carpentry, den-building, survival and fire badges.
Gallivanters day camp offers children the opportunity to organise themselves - with some discreet supervision!
School and everyday living in West London is usually highly regulated for children, allowing them little space or opportunity to create their own schedules, decide their own actions or choose their own forms of creativity. Independence and resilience and team work can be delayed (impeded/ blocked) Gallivanters Teepee Village is a day camp, formed around fire pit and sitting logs, that allows children to shape their own little community and, together, decide on living tasks. They will be foraging for their own food, making some additional shelters from wood, laying fires, cooking, and deciding their own teams and tasks by themselves.
Gallivanters is a large grove, a safe walled site, shared with Ealing Riding School and its facilities and car park. A teepee day village has been set up for spring and summer - we open at the beginning of Easter.
Gallivanters Meadow Camp (3 days)
10:00 - 16:00
All welcome from 16 to 4 year old.
Price: £195 per child
Tuesdays-Thursdays (during school holidays)
Getting dirty and being free in the outdoors is every child's right and duty!
Children are taught now about ecosystems and bio-diversity but these ideas can stay largely in the classroom.
In our Gallivanters Grove we join all the ideas together and see how all parts of the eco-system work together, with a little bit of theory and a lot of practice. Expect soil study, beetle safaris, looking after animals, planting and teamwork, wood whittling, tree climbing, fire making, bushcraft.
Children become wild, resilient and independent!
Three days of freedom enjoying everything the Riding Yard and Gallivanter Meadow has to offer. The walled site allows children a great sense of freedom with discreet supervision.
- Living in Teepee Village – planning and creating your own community settlement for the week.
- Learning self–sustaining living – fire-making, foraging, cooking water-drawing, and calico cotton robe making and laundry.
- Animal care of ponies, dogs, puppies, goats and chickens. Dog agility training. Goat herding And riding if desired.
- Vintage horse-box painting and complete fitting out as a seasonal shelter for all.
- Bushcraft – wood whittling, fire-making, cooking on fire, bramble picking & jam making, log walking, bridge-making, tug-of-war, compass orienteering and survival & first aid skills.